Visible Thinking in Mathematics 1B (2nd edition)
The Visible Thinking in Mathematics series promotes critical and creative thinking in mathematics. It is designed to make thinking visible by providing pupils with opportunities to think aloud, explore their thoughts and reflect on their reasoning.
- Thinking Platform provides an avenue for reflection on the reasoning behind the concepts and skills, and underscores the importance of the thinking involved in problem solving. Emphasis on thinking is extended to the answers through detailed solutions.
- Notes present opportunities for parents and teachers to clarify misconceptions, simplify a concept or provide support in areas of difficulty for the child. Teaching tips and textbook links enhance and supplement learning.
- Attaining Mastery provides parallel questions that highlight differences between similar problems and allow the child to focus on the correct application of concepts and strategies.
- Summative Test consolidates learning for every chapter.
- Think Out Of The Box! includes challenging word problems to stretch the child's application of concepts learnt.
This is a Year 1 Singapore maths book - recommended for extension for Australian students in Years 1 and 2.
|Year Level||Year 1|
|Date of Publication||2013|